Sunday, February 16, 2014

Table For One Please.

Hello there my beautiful earthlings!! Please have a seat with me as I remove the cobwebs from this blog and wipe the dust down. It has been a minute. Happy new year everyone. How many of you are still following through with your new year's resolutions? Haha me neither. It's good to know I'm not the only one.
So being a college student, I'm going to touch on a topic that is very relevant to me as well as those that requested me to write about this. Table for one. What does that mean? It is what it is. Seating alone in your dinning/cafeteria. Is it ok? Does it mean you don't have friends? Are you a low life? Well, the answer is NO. It is perfectly normal to seat by yourself in the dinning even though it seems like everybody has a couple people on their tables.
I do eat alone in my dinning and I seat on the booths for four or more people to emphasize the lack of people thereof. Lol. Most of the time I eat alone because most of my friends live off-campus and they don't eat in the dinning and other times, I prefer to eat in peace than to have people constantly talking to me and making me slow. Listen, one time I went to a Chinese restaurant called China Buffet all by myself and as you can tell by the name, it's a buffet. Imagine sitting down by yourself at such a place. It sounds pathetic but it really isn't. Here's what I do to make eating alone more interesting.
  1. I bring my iPad with me. I watch series/movies on Netflix, I watch my favorite TV shows on the CW App and I Skype with friends and family.
  2. I bring my cellphone. Texting while eating is bad habit but so is talking to people while eating. You can talk on the phone too, I give you permission.
  3.  I bring my Laptop. Although it's huge and inconveniencing sometimes, it's another alternative.
  4. I bring a book. Reading and eating? My favorite thing to do.
 
Don't ever feel like eating alone is something to be ashamed off. It doesn't mean anything. Just make sure you're entertained. That way, you won't even notice who's looking and who's not.... You're welcome.
 

Cheers,
Chizom.
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment